What is Content Syndication and How it can boost your business?
Do you want your content to reach thousands of readers who perhaps don’t even know that your blog exists?
There is a way to do it. It is called Content Syndication. Content Syndication is a process of republishing your content on third-party sites.
Let’s see in detail.
What is Content Syndication?
Many will say it’s a Third-Party site that republishes the content that initially seemed somewhere else.
Content Syndication is not only about republishing content but allows Third Party to publish and republish your content. Any kind of digital content can be syndicated, including Blogs, Articles, Videos, Websites, and more.
It benefits both: the website where it’s syndicated gets new content and the person/brand behind the original content gets introduced to a new audience. In short, the third-party website gets free content. The content creator gets free publicity and backlinks to their website, which in turn boosts organic traffic.
Content Syndication is also useful for a smaller publisher or an upcoming writer who wants a large number of audience.
Content Syndicating websites don’t just publish entire posts rather they use snippets, thumbnails, and links because there’s a possibility of duplicate content.
SEO-friendly Content Syndication
SEO is a great long-term strategy for driving traffic to your website, it’s not the only way but also by syndicating content we can reach more people. Content syndication may not be the best strategy to gain referral traffic. But if your syndicating content to a website with great Domain Authority (DA) than you, it may actually work.
Content Syndication has powerful SEO benefits, as it generates backlinks and boosts domain authority (DA). However, it also brings some risk including repeated content (penalties) and also affects search engine rankings. So if you are syndicating your content, make sure you are doing it correctly. Also, ensure that each site on which your content is syndicated includes a link back to your original article.
Here are some best practices if you plan to use this strategy: –
- If you are using the Content Syndication Method, Syndicate carefully.
- Don’t give all the credits to the other website.
- Find the Right Publisher.
- Syndicate Content on Multiple Platforms.
- Use high-quality Content.
- Understand your audience.
- Ask the third-party site to use a ‘rel=canonical’ tag. This helps Google to know the source of the content.
- When you publish your content, wait for a while (to get indexed) then give it for content syndication.
Before using Content Syndication, you should have a plan. You gave to clear about what exactly you want to achieve. Is it for brand awareness? Is it to drive traffic to your website? or Is it for generating backlinks?
Following are the key steps you need to follow when it comes to getting your content run on a third party site: –
- Make a list of potential Content Syndication Partner.
- Write high-quality content.
- Plan your strategy.
- If you get a positive response, then help them with their requirements like title, images, thumbnails. Also, make sure you ask them to include a backlink to your website.
There are a few websites where you decide to Syndicate content that will result in success. The wrong Syndication will give you a bad dream. Content Syndication strategy is not for every business as you have sacrifice some benefits to get others traffic or we can say audience to our website. This is the best practice for those who want to get their ideas and brand in front of bigger audiences.
The following are the benefits that can solve a problem with how Content Syndication will boost your business: –
- By building traffic to your site
- Gives your Content a great Introduction
- Advancing yourself as a specialist
- Receive quality links back to your site
- It Increases Rank in Search Engine Result Page (SERP)
- Get number of followers
- It also includes exposing you and your brand to a new audience